Creating a beautiful life together!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting bigger

Little Jane is getting bigger! I was obsessively worried about whether or not she was gaining weight. I'm nursing, so every time she goes through a period of wanting to eat and eat and eat, I worry that she is starving. When we took her to the pediatrician two days after she was born, she weighed 5 lbs. 13 oz., down from 6 lbs. 2 oz. at birth. Then, a week later when we took her back in, she weighed 6 lbs. 5 oz. - and the doctor was blown away! Anyway, thanks to some helpful advice on Facebook (thanks April!), I dropped by the doctor's office yesterday to weigh her again. She is now 7 lbs. 8 oz. - gaining over a pound in the last two weeks! So, I won't worry for another couple weeks. :)

Right now I am on day three of no parental help and doing alright! Sure, the kitchen is already not as clean as it has been for the last three weeks, but we're getting by. The vibrating bouncy chair and the swing we got from one of my father's former co-workers are great helps when I need to get some work done on the computer or around the house. She is sleeping in her swing now, listening to rain from an online radio station. I've discovered that she likes the sound of water.

Doug is super busy running his office, doing lots of marketing and screenings and the like, and now working a few nights a week from 10 pm - 7 am stocking. I am so grateful that he is working so hard to provide for our little family since we made the decision that I am not teaching again in the fall. And he is still a great help with the baby those few hours that he is home!

That's just a little update on how we are doing!

3 comments:

April Hardy said...

I am so glad you took her to get weighed to calm your fears! She is growing so quickly! My goodness!! She is a good eater...you are lucky. Keep your chin up! You are doing fabulous!

Holli said...

That's good to hear Emily.. I'm glad its all going smoothly! Enjoy your new little one.... she's adorable....

Sharalea said...

You are doing great!! She is beautiful and every day will feel more *normal*. Sounds like Doug is SUPER BUSY. Kudos to him for all his hard work & for being a doting Dad on top of it all. AND extra kudos to you for being one amazing MAMA! GO EM!